Tuesday 28 April 2009

I must be doing something right?!

Quick update on my gardening activities.

Sunflowers

7 days old

I've managed to get some new batteries for my digital camera, so these pictures will probably look a lot clearer now. Not bad for 7 days eh?

Lavender

7 days old

Tomatoes

7 days old

I'm really, really pleased with how these are progressing. They obviously like their new home and Jessica loves checking up on them every morning.

Freshly planted from seeds:

26th April '09

Chilli Pepper
Sweet Pepper
Coriander
Mustard Greens
Leaf Mix (Oriental Spicy)
Onion
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Rocket Salad (Which has started germinating!! :D)

Rocket Salad - 2 days old
Oregano
Basil Genovese
Parsley
Dill
Mint
Chives
Thyme
Carrots

27th April '09

Pea
Radish
Runner Bean
Spinach
Spring Onion

28th April '09

Turnip
Parsnip
Broccoli

I've not snapped any pics of the recently potted stuff because it just looks like a mound of compost in pots at the moment, but as soon as they start popping up, be sure I will be there with my trusty camera.

Last night I also had a go at making my very own paper pots. Even more Eco-friendly and saving me plenty of pennies on purchasing pots and seed trays. They worked out great and heres a pic.




Jessica also planted up a little basic flower mix and has her own watering can. I shall snap pics of these if they come up.... Thats if she hasn't flooded them by then!

Just checked on the whereabouts of my compost bin too and according to this it's on it's way to the delivery depot. Which means I should have it by tomorrow!!

0 comments: