Monday 4 May 2009

Down it goes

So the winds have really picked up this evening and me and hubby both decided it would be best to bring in my pots, plants and seedlings that have been doing ever so well in there. Also thought it would be best to collapse the 'flimsy' 6x4 attempt of a plastic greenhouse (purchased from £stretchers, I might add) and return it. Hopefully they'll refund it with no problems. Here's hoping anyway!

That means every windowsill (almost) in the house has a pot of some kind sitting on it. Not good considering most things (cabbages, peas, etc) need re-potting. I really need to get a move on with preparing the garden. I'll be putting in the order for my greenhouse next week, then I might nip up to Waterworld with Mum and purchase some crates so I can get hubby to make me some raised beds.

Hopefully once all is done and dusted, I'll be able to sleep a little easier at night.

Sunday roast, with all the trimmings was great. My Nan would have been so proud of the roasties! Unfortunately, I sliced through my finger whilst cutting the broccoli. Now I have a flappy bit of skin and lots of blood. Great!

1 comments:

Lucy said...

I can sympathise with you and your cut finger, I lost the fight with a food can the other day.

I know what you mean about needing to get a move on with the garden I still haven't braved the bottom of ours where I plan to grow my sweetcorn and pumpkins.

Good luck with greenhouse ;)