Saturday 2 May 2009

New additions

Today I have become the proud owner of two beautiful pumpkin plants. Lovingly grown by Lucy, via the fantastic Swap Seeds Yahoo! Group.

And here they are, sunning themselves in my greenhouse:


I'm not sure if you can tell in this pic or not, but last night I spent a few hours re-potting. Everything seems to have gone a little mad. Naturally green fingered I wonder? Obviously don't get it from my Mother as she usually kills everything!
In the pic above it show Tomatoes, Rocket Salad, Leaf Mix, Pumpkin, Jessica's flower mix, a few waify Sunflowers and Mustard Greens. I've managed to do paper pots of Rocket Salad, Leaf Mix and Mustard Greens for both my Mum and hubbys and I'm sure as and when the other herbs are ready for splitting and re-potting there will be plenty more to go around.

Also had to re-pot the Sunflowers and by 'eck are they doing well now that they're got their own little grow beds....
I thought at one point I was going to lose a few, but looks like they're really enjoying the sun and warmth in the greenhouse today and have started sprouting massive second leaves.

0 comments: